Founder & DirectorDr Abhijit Vaidya is Founder & Director of Smita Patil Documentary & Short Film Festival He is also the National President of Arogya Sena (Health Army), having 14000 volunteers across 7 states, treated 72,000 patients free of cost in various disasters with medicines worth Rs 72 Lac in last 20 years. Dr Vaidya is also National Office Bearer of Socialist Party (India) and is Managing Trustee of 75 years old organization Rashtra Seva Dal. Dr Vaidya is a practising Preventive Cardiologist and is involved with mass education activities for prevention of heart diseases. He also is a founder of Generic Medical Shops and an ultra modern low cost medical diagnostic centre. He is author of many books and at present editor of a magazine Purogami Jangarjana. Few of his writings are
- Shalom Israel’, a travelogue (Deshmukh & Co.1999)
- Jhapatalepan Te Jantepan – (Sadhana Publication 2009)
- Parivartanachi Janagarjana – Compilation of editorials (Sugava Publication 2010)
- Eleven Minutes, Translation of world famous book of Paulo Coelho (Scion publication 2010)
- Parivartanache Sathi Ani Sarathi Edited (writings of Bhai Vaidya) (Sugava June 2014)
- Shabdan Magache Shabd Edited (compilation of prefaces written by Bhai Vaidya) (Sugav 2015)
- Cardiology Soc of India, IMA, API, Electro Cardiology Society of India, Hypertension Society of India, Indian College of Interventional Cardiology (Professional Life Memberships)
- European Association for Cardiac Prevention and Rehabilitation (EACPR)
- Acute Cardiac Care Association (ESC body)
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
Associate Director“Cinema is the most beautiful fraud in the world” – Jean Luc Godard.
- Bharat Yatra Puraskar : Bharat Yatra Kendra , Maharashtra , for rural awakening (1992)
- Madhukar Kenche Puraskar, Maharashtra Govt. for Best Literary Prose to ‘ Shalom Israel ’ (1999 – 2000) (Returned the award publicaly in protest of communalism & fascism)
- Hridaymitra Puraskar – Lokmitra Pratishthan , Ahmednagar (Feb. 2004)
- Felicitated For Medical Social work – Chemist Association of Pune District (May 2004)
- Yuva Sena Ratna Award – Lions Club International District 323 – D2 (2005 – 2006)
- Bhoi Pratishthan , Pune For work in Maharashtra floods, (Sep.05)
- Adarsha Arogya Sena Puraskar Tapi Sahakari Patpedhi Ltd, Chopada, (2005)
- Vocational Excellence Award – Rotary club, Pune (2007)
- Parvati Punya Bhushan Puraskar – Parvati Nagarika Kriti Samiti (2008)
- Sunil Datta Puraskar – Krishnakant Kudale Foundation, Pune (2009)
- M.Joshi Samajik Karyakarta Puraskar – Samajik Kritadnyata Nidhi (Feb.2010)
- Rajarshi Shahu Gaurav Puraskar – Rajarshi Shahu Chatrapati Smarak Samiti, Kolhapur (Feb 2010)
- Lokashahir Amar Shaikh Puraskar – Kabir Kala Manch (Aug 2010)
- Sahityasamrat Annabhau Sathe Vishesh Ulekhaniya Puraskar, Natya-Chitra Academy (Aug 2013)
- Pune Hero – Selected by Pune Mirror as one of 18 heroes contributing to social cause (June 2014)
- Seva Puraskar to Arogya Sena – Gramin Tantradnyan Sanstha, Shirur (July 2014)
- Lions-Vilux Golden Achievement Award – Vijaya Laxman Kudale Found, Lions Club of Poona Kirkee (2014)
- Janeev Sanvedana Puraskar – Akhil Bharatiya Janeev Sanghatana, Pratham Janeev Sahitya Sambelan (Jan 2015)
Yogesh is a Story.Teller, who doesn’t get bogged down in procedures or theories, a socialite likely to start conversations with complete strangers while standing in line and be laughing like old friends by the time they part.
Passionate about dramas and movies, love to watch as many as possible. He loves travelling, trekking exploring places and meeting new people for it is what he calls his ‘my stress-busters!’ He says that it has always helped him un-wind, relax and return to the grind-stone with a bang!!
He has a quest for learning and acquiring knowledge about creative expression with innovative expansion and implementation of ideas, with a zeal to contribute to the organization’s vision he works with, by utilizing his skills and expertise to the fullest.
He has been associated with various film festivals and is always striving hard to bring good stories to people. He was associated with Culture Unplugged Studios for three years (February 2008-September 2011) looking after the various aspects of Online Film Festivals organized by the organization. He was also the core team member of ‘Kirloskar Vasundhara International Film Festival’.
Apart from film festivals he has also worked as Associate Director & Executive Producer on various feature films and independently directed Documentaries.Creative HeadSohil is a winner of Directors Guild of America(D.G.A) Student Award, 2018 for his thesis film 'Difficult People'. His films have been shown & won awards at festivals such as Palm Springs, Edmonton International, LA Asian Pacific, Flickers Rhode Island, LA Shorts, Bronzelens,
Bentonville, New Filmmakers Los Angeles & 50 other film festivals around the world. Sohil graduated from the University of Southern California(U.S.C) Film School with M.F.A in Film Directing in May 2018. At USC, Sohil was chosen to co-direct a feature film named 'Samir', funded and acquired by Warner Brothers for distribution. Financing his education at USC was only possible for him with the help of numerous scholarships such as James Bridges Directing Scholarship and Edward Thomas Troutner Cinematography Scholarship. Cinema of Satyajit Ray, Paul Thomas Anderson, Andrew Arnold, Barry Jenkins, and Alfonso Cuaron inspires him. Sohil wants to bridge the gap between east and west with thought-provoking, visually compelling and universally relatable stories which unite all of us as humans in the end.